One of my favourite things to laugh at is people taking photos that I just know are going to be horrendous and/or boring. I even had the grand idea of starting a website dedicated to pictures of people taking super boring photos. Seeing as I primarily use my iPhone to take all my pictures, I have taken some truly terrible photos and I thought I would share them. It can’t be all sunshine and roses around here.
1. The most boring hipster photo ever taken- Herrnhut, Germany
Forget the rolling green hills and lush forests of Eastern Germany, here’s a picture of a chair..
2. The incredibly unappetising food photo- Poland
Looks like something went terribly wrong in the microwave. Was actually super tasty cheese raclette.
3. The “did I just accidentally press the button on my phone?” photo- Kathmandu, Nepal
Now this might actually be the most boring photo ever taken. I refuse to believe I took this photo by choice. It was probably an accident..
4. The “worst-lit/crazy cat lady” photo of all time- Thessaloniki, Greece
Thought process when taking this photo- Look at all the cats! I must take a photo! omg cats, omg 12 cats, omg need photo, iloveyoucats, canitouchyou, comebackcats, whereareyougoingcats.
5. The failed jump shot photo- Thessaloniki, Greece
This is one for the photo album really. I look like I’m about to fall flat on my face. Also I think this photo pretty much sums up why I am single.
6. The “I really tried” photo fail- Loutraki, Greece
Now I really thought this was going to be one of those Pintrest worthy vacation shots. Instead I look like a piece of ocean debris/ a dead body in the distance.
7. The I have no-idea how to pose in a cool way photo -Berlin, Germany
This photo does bad things to my self-confidence. It also just kind of hurts my eyes.
8. The “I was trying to be edgy and real” photo- Kathmandu, Nepal.
This photo isn’t about to win any awards for its gritty-ness. It’s just plain bad and depressing. Pretty sure that brown stuff in the river is poop- just what people want to see when they look at travel photos.
9. The selfie-fail- Prague, Czech Republic
I’m sure this will also be one I will treasure for ever. Also, the grey steps in the background really show off the magic that is Prague.
10. Tried to take a cute photo of a greek cafe and got this instead-Loutraki, Greece.
“Wow, cutting-edge photo of al fresco dining in Greece” said no-one ever.
So that was kind of embarrassing. Do your photos ever fail as much as mine do? Do you have photography tips you want to share? Leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com.